Old November 25th 04, 06:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John John is offline

Default Aldgate Delays

In article , John Rowland
writes
"M Patrick" wrote in message

When the circle line gets to Aldgate there is often
a delay of a couple of minutes, sometimes lasting
up to 10. Is this where the drivers change over?

I don't think so, but it is one of the few places where Circle Line trains
can wait without getting in the way of other trains, so short delays are
deliberately scheduled there to allow late trains to get back on schedule.
I'm not sure about the 10 minute delays though - since the line runs every 8
minutes, this sounds implausible!

I always find it amazing that waiting 10+ minutes for a circle line is
not abnormal when they run an 8 minute frequency. The number of times I
have stood at Liverpool Street for 5 minutes or more waiting for any
train when there are three services all running a better than 10 minute
frequency! Must be like buses!
--
John Alexander,