Old November 25th 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:49:27 +0000, Jason
wrote:

Roger Evans, the transport spokesman, said: "This deal is beyond
comprehension. It is an outrageous insult to every hard-working
Londoner. Yet again we're seeing the unions holding the capital to
ransom. They know the threat of strikes always pays off. The answer is
to ban strikes on the Underground.

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!

Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the extra hours
I work, and I would imagine the millions of people working for the many
companies in many industries that don't leech of public money, and don't
have a corrupt union propping them up might feel similarly about the
situation.

BTN