Old November 25th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:
"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:49:27 +0000, Jason
wrote:

Roger Evans, the transport spokesman, said: "This deal is beyond
comprehension. It is an outrageous insult to every hard-working
Londoner. Yet again we're seeing the unions holding the capital to
ransom. They know the threat of strikes always pays off. The answer
is to ban strikes on the Underground.

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!

Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the
extra hours I work, and I would imagine the millions of people
working for the many companies in many industries that don't leech of
public money, and don't have a corrupt union propping them up might
feel similarly about the situation.

Do you regularly work a 37.5 hour week but only get paid for 35?

Underground staff do and the extra 2.5 hours per week are rolled up into
additional rest days. Bear in mind also that they work on any of the seven
days according to their roster.

Try establishing some facts before getting on your high horse and deciding
to feel "insulted" b ecause other people are "insulted" by the exhorbitant
amounts paid to some other people who produce absolutely nothing useful for
society.