Old August 5th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Pavement cycling

In message , Robin May
writes
Let's say for example that there's a stretch of straight pavement where
on one side there's a busy road and on the other side there's a fence.
Are you seriously trying to tell me that cycling is dangerous on that
stretch of pavement, where you can see straight ahead to see any
pedestrians there might be and can stop a long time before you meet
them? If you are well that's ok, you're entitled to that opinion, but
I'll ignore it.

Well you could say if you come up to traffic lights and they are red but
you can see there is nothing coming up ahead and to the left and right
of you then its okay to go through red lights.
Maybe the perception of what's right and wrong needs to be though about.
If you did things which are thought to be "normal" according to London
standards up in Yorkshire you'd get it pointed out to you in graphic
terms that what your doing isn't right.
Maybe we have just all become use to doing what we want and not giving a
**** about anyone else.

"Stop this city, I would like to get off".

--
CJG