Old November 25th 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Crossrail will terminate at Abbey Wood

Jonn Elledge wrote:
"Rich Mallard" wrote in message ...

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Fresh off the press - to prevent performance pollution from SET, Crossrail
will share no track with SET on its Isle of Dogs branch and will terminate
at a new cross-platform interchange at Abbey Wood.

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/pages/pro...announced.html

What a let down! Wasn't one of big benefits of Crossrail supposed to be
regeneration of north Kent, Greenhithe, Stone, Dartford through to Slade
Green, Erith and Belvedere?

If they think it's not feasible to track-share a few stops with SET to
Dartford & Ebbsfleet, what hope have they got running to and from
Shenfield?!

Surely Crossrail won't share tracks to Shenfield - the line is pretty
much segregated anyway. There's talk of a few trains terminating at
Liverpool Street to serve Maryland but I don't see it happening.

Jonn

I think they need the extra Liverpool St-only trains to cater for demand.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7