Old November 25th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Dave Arquati
writes

Just a general comment in this thread; everyone is assuming that
people will transfer from Waterloo to St Pancras, but there will also
be a direct transfer between Waterloo and Stratford, which only takes
23 minutes platform to platform, compared to the 16 minutes for
Waterloo to St Pancras. There will hopefully be a travelator at
Stratford to compensate for it being a longer interchange than St
Pancras.

But I wonder how many Eurostar services will actually stop at Stratford?
Hopefully more than currently stop at Calais Frethun!

I hope it would be a fair few. Then again, the Olympic bid says that
passengers from the Continent will be able to make a convenient
cross-platform change at Ebbsfleet in order to reach Stratford... I
don't know if that applies just while the "Olympic Javelin" shuttle
service is running.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7