Old November 26th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

I dont think youve been listening Boltar. He doesnt get any extra money and
he doesnt get any extra days off either. The extra days are for Station
Staff. They dont drive trains, they stay on stations.
Oh and I almost forgot, therapy sessions are available should they feel the
need for them. Free.

I think you'll find Government employees have had more strike days than the
tube boys and girls. I am sure you have the figure, so let me know.
If hes right and he gets T+1/3, a lot of them only get T+1/4. My personal
opinion on that is whoever accepted such a small premium should be severley
reprimanded. (I think it was....gasp....Bob Crowe).
Oh dear.....

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

As a tube driver, my contract is for a 35 hour week and I work an average
36 hour week. I get the extra hour a week they owe me as six banked rest
days. Anything else (such as late running or when a special service is in
operation means enforced overtime on some duties)is overtime at T1/3. If
you choose to work for somewhere that has a different type of contract
then that's your choice.

Gasp. 36 hours a week! You lot are overworked. I hope they provide you
with
comfortable beds at the depots so you can go and lie down and recover
along
with free therapy sessions to cope with such long hours.

No one is saying train driving is the easiest job in the world, but then
its
not the hardest by any means either and it gets up peoples noses when you
lot
get extra money & holiday given to you for doing no extra work, simply
because
if you don't then you thrown all your toys out the pram and go on strike.

So whens next years strike due? Just so we can plan to be on holiday when
it
happens you understand.

B2003