Old August 5th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default Airport chaos - It won't change

"Jeff Mowatt" wrote in message
Thanks Tim and Steve,

I found the Bratislava bus via the National Express site. Btw this is a
good thing to register on because they send all the promotions. A couple of
weeks back they were doing anywhere in the UK for a fiver. If you needed to
cross the Severn Bridge for instance it would be a bargain compared to
taking the car.

I thought it did compare well when the overall costs are compared. From here
in South London for instance, a taxi to Stansted would cost 70 quid each
way, parking about a tenner a day if you drove there. I think via National
express there is a discount if you book 15 days in advance.

It kind of negates all the advantages of a cheap flight and it might be just
as economical to get a flight to Vienna from Heathrow and a taxi for the
40km between the two cities.

There is public transport to Stansted of course, but only viable if you've
got a lot of time to get there

Sorry, but how can you think that an hour on the train is not viable
against the alternative of spending 24 hours on a *bus*. Geeze
you must really like buses

Tim
and not too much to carry.

Jeff

specifically London to Brataslavia he

http://www.eurolines.sk/102801_en.htm

about 100 quid return (which IMHO doesn't compare well with
the alternatives)

Tim