Old November 27th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Greg Hennessy Greg Hennessy is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:31:39 +0100, Guy Perry wrote:

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:22:03 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed over for promotion" stuff? If employers break laws they should
be punished.

Which ignores how the real world works.

Jesus, the british unions are amongst the strongest in Europe.

ROTFL! You do live in the country ?

Who else
if not them could prevent these methods?

Since when did unions give a XXXX about anyone in the private sector on a
salary ?

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

In Germany's case the reason for failure is not the social policy.

Au contraire. when it costs 45 quid/hour to employ a worker at Volkswagen,
its social policy.

They
simply should not have united the country so fast, _that_ did kill economy.

That was 15 years ago,

Instead of using the new supply of cheap labour handed to it for free,
German pols unified at the wrong exchange rate and paid for them to sit at
home on their Arsch.

Instead of encouraging labour mobility, they took active measures to
prevent it.

greg

--
Yeah - straight from the top of my dome
As I rock, rock, rock, rock, rock the microphone