Old November 27th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

People like me........ Whos that then?

"Boltar" wrote in message
m...
"Malcolm & Nika" wrote in message
I dont think youve been listening Boltar. He doesnt get any extra money
and
he doesnt get any extra days off either. The extra days are for Station
Staff. They dont drive trains, they stay on stations.

So? It'll be the drivers turn again soon though I think the signalmen are
due for a walkout , they haven't done it for a while.

Oh and I almost forgot, therapy sessions are available should they feel
the
need for them. Free.

What a surprise. Poor sausages , life must be tough.

I think you'll find Government employees have had more strike days than
the
tube boys and girls.

"Government employees"? Thats a nice catch all. Takes in the entire civil
service & NHS staff. Only about a million people. Nice try. Please produce
figures showing specific government agencies and strike days of their
staff.

If hes right and he gets T+1/3, a lot of them only get T+1/4. My personal
opinion on that is whoever accepted such a small premium should be
severley
reprimanded. (I think it was....gasp....Bob Crowe).

My personal opinion is that people like you and the bone idle tube staff
are going to have a nasty dose of reality kick you up the backside one day
when some future government calls their bluff and fires the lot of them.
The miners, dockers, electricity workers and others all thought they were
vital and hence invulnerable and look what happened to them when they
pushed
their luck too far. I do so hope I'm there to see it when it happens to
Bob Crowe or his successors and his cronies.

B2003