Old November 28th 04, 11:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
James James is offline

Default FGW Link excels even Thames Strains at public safety (lack of ...)

(S.Byers) wrote in message . com...
... at putting hundreds at risk.

The 11.53 today (Sunday) ex-Hayes to Paddington FGWL strain arrived -
well eventually - fully 25 minutes late - but packed to the gunnels.
It was a three car unit - the rear car was completely locked out of
use. This meant that EVERYONE had to pack into the two forward cars.
We left after a ten minute squeeze into an already jammed train. We
stopped at Southall where even more tried to get on board - most
failed - most were left behind - they'd waited an hour. By this time
you'd have thought that an apology was due from the driver - but NONE
was made. We endured the most appalling cattle truck conditions -
babies and mothers, the elderly, hundreds of others - until Ealing -
where there was a gigantic squash for some to disembark, and many more
embark. Again this took about 10 minutes. We arrived at Paddington
almost an HOUR late. Again no apology - no-one to complain to - no
apology from the driver. As someone remarked is this really 2004. God
help us when they reduce the local service even further in December to
make way for more over-priced HEX services. (I use the word 'service'
with complete sarcasm - FGWL wouldn't know what a service was).

SB

You should try to get a refund outta the buggers.