Old August 5th 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Crapita bailed-out over congestion charging

(Huge) wrote the following in:

Robin May writes:
(Huge) wrote the following in:

Steve writes:
(Huge) wrote in
:
The same article had a list
of PT projects which have been postponed or scrapped because of
lack of funds. Oddly, you didn't quote that.

Err no there isn't

Perhaps the Evening Standard were lying as well, then?

Would this be the same Evening standard which showed a picture of a
perfectly safe Victoria line power rail

That'll be the one held in place with a bit of wood and bent nails,
will it?

Not "held in place" with wood and nails, the wood was an isolating
section of the rail, used as part of Victoria line automatic train
operation. And one bent nail on the side of the wood hardly means that
the whole piece of wood is insecure. At worst, it is a cosmetic problem
that looks a bit bad. If we're going to worry about cosmetic problems
like that, perhaps you'd suggest they paint the rails pretty colours
and plant some nice flowers around the sleepers? Perhaps fill in the
suicide pits to create flower beds?

and then insisted that not only
was it dangerous and a bodge,

Which it was.

So on the evidence of one picture in the paper, you know enough about
the rail in question and rail safety procedures to assert that it was
dangerous, despite the fact that people whose job it is and who are
experts on the matter say that it's safe?

but also that train wheels ran over it
and that it carried the weight of the train?

Which it wasn't, of course.

So therefore that's a massive, massively misleading lie.

I'd guess that they were lying.

Given the choice between believing TfL and the E.S., I'll take
the E.S. *every* time.

So given the choice between believing professionals who know the system
and an ignorant journalist out to sell a few copies with some cheap
sensationalism, you'd believe the ignorant journalist? Feel free to
make that choice, just don't expect me to respect it.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.