Old November 30th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Late-night Tube plan announced

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article , (Dave
Arquati) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Dave
Arquati) wrote:

You have routes like the N74 (Roehampton - Putney), N28
(Wandsworth - Camden Town) and N31 (Clapham Junction -
Kilburn) which cross the centre without terminating.

How does the N74 cross the centre between Roehampton and Putney
then?

Oops. I was trying to correct Putney to Roehampton, but
accidentally corrected Baker Street to Roehampton. It's meant to
be Baker Street to Roehampton.

Thanks. I'm not sure I even count Roehampton to Baker Street as
crossing the centre either as it happens.

Depends on your definition of the centre! It enters the congestion
charging zone and it spends a significant portion of its journey
in Zone 1.

Doesn't go anywhere central, though, does it? Hyde Park Corner?
Park Lane? Marble Arch? All distinctly west.

Considering that Hyde Park Corner was at one time the point from which
distances from London were measured (before being replaced for that task
by Charing Cross), it would seem to eminently central.
--
Richard J.