Old November 30th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nick Nick is offline

Default Class 376 deployment questions

"S R" wrote in message

I can't see any reason why they'd diagram in such a way to be 376 only,
but it could be done in theory, which is why I assume the OP
asked the question.

My reason for asking was concern that routes limited by platform length to
8-car trains would see all their peak-period 6- and 8-car trains replaced
by
5-car trains.

S R

Speaking of 5-car formations, I've noticed some nice new "5 car stop" signs
appearing near some of the platform monitors on these routes (surely they
could just use the "6 car stop" positions anyway? Seem incredibly efficient
to have started this already when there must be so many other tasks to do in
tidying up SET's scruffy stations)

Still no sign of toilets on my route (Sidcup line) which we were promised
*before* deployment of any 376 units. Having said that, some bizarre
looking 5-metre steel uprights have been embedded in the platform area of
Sidcup station on the Dartford-bound platform, either side of an existing
set of seats. This might be the beginning of a new structure that might be
toilets? Might be completely unrelated though...

Nick