Old November 30th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Bradley David Bradley is offline

Default London's Trolleybuses

From: David Bradley

Date: 28/11/2004 18:24 GMT

Hello,

My web site on London's Trolleybuses
www.trolleybus.net has being
going for five years now and now some of the pictures seen there are
now published in a book which came out today:

"The London Trolleybus Vol 2". Ken Blacker. Hardback £25.00 [ISBN
1854142852].

It is a major piece of work which has been several years in the making

[snip]

And probably several more in the delivering as well if Capital Transport
Publishing's p*** awful performance at handling orders in the past is repeated;
amazon.co.uk claim it cannot be dispatched before Christmas and even then they
want to charge a supplement of £1.99 over and above the list price and their
own p&p because they regard it as a "hard to find" title. Since it was only
published two days ago this can only be an oblique reference to Capital
Transport Publishing being hard to deal with.

Place orders with Capital Transport at your peril. You may have a long wait in
store!

So you have placed more than one order to Capital Transport in the
past and for whatever reason they co*k*d up on every occasion? No
organisation is 100% perfect and without you giving chapter and verse
here to see why this was so, no further comment is possible.

A few moments ago I checked on the Amazon UK site and found the book
available for delivery in four to six weeks; there was no mention of
any supplements payable if the order was processed using a regular
credit card. With copies of the book piled high in our distribution
centre there is absolutely no reason why you can't have a copy within
7-10 days if you live within the UK and what's more p&p is free! £25
is all you pay. If you want it NOW you can always collect it directly
from an address in Sanderstead, Surrey.

Don't deny yourself from ordering an excellent book because of a rant
of a poster here who probably has an agenda of his own. I can assure
you this book will not disappoint.

David Bradley