Old November 30th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Class 376 train problems - South Eastern Trains

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:20:08 -0800, Darryl Chamberlain wrote:

Hello there -

My train to work, the 7.05am from Charlton to Cannon Street, has been
formed of the new Class 376 suburban Electrostar trains for the past month
or so. Before that, it was Networkers, and the service was immaculate,
even if the trains themselves weren't.

With the new trains, it's now cancelled at least once a week, if not more,
and when it does come, it usually gets to Cannon Street five or more
minutes late. Are there any known teething problems with the Electrostars?
I remember the hassle Network SouthEast had with the Networkers...

cheers - Darryl

Sounds normal for an Electrostar, based on experiences with the 375's.

A lot of GPS not working (= door opening delays, rubbish on the info signs)
and coupling problems.

The incidents seems to be going down a bit at Tonbridge. I heard
(randomly, so take it with a pinch of salt) that SET were being quite hard
on Bombardier, taking a train out of service and telling Bombardier to
address problems, rather than bodging along.

Timbo