Old December 2nd 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default London's Trolleybuses

From: David Bradley
Date: 30/11/2004 23:56 GMT

So you have placed more than one order to Capital Transport in the
past and for whatever reason they co*k*d up on every occasion? No
organisation is 100% perfect and without you giving chapter and verse
here to see why this was so, no further comment is possible.

They screwed up on my order for London Transport Coach Hires 1947 - 49 by David
Ruddom and Ken Glazier (published April 2001: ISBN 1-85414-259-3) and also did
so again with my order for By Tube Beyond Edgware by Tony Beard (published
March 2001: ISBN 1 85414 246 1).

Is further comment now possible?

Amazon don't show a £1.99 surcharge for By Tube Beyond Edgware or London
Transport Coach Hires, and claim they can get By Tube Beyond Edgware to buyers
before Christmas, I'll agree. London Transport Coach Hires on the other hand
has a delivery promise of "between 4 and 6 weeks", as does The London
Trolleybus Volume 2, and both carry the £1.99 supplement.

Staff of Ian Allan's bookshops and also the independent chain Methvens have
told me in the past that Capital Transport are very difficult people to
actually wring the goods out of (the Methven's chap described them to me as "A
rather casual one man and his dog hobbyist kind of publisher"). As a contrast
to the slap-happy Capital Transport way of doing business, earlier this year
within 48 hours of my order Methven's were able to get me a copy of a book
produced in 1936 by an American publisher. Capital Transport on the other hand
kept me farting about for something like 8 weeks on two occasions back in 2001
before either of the newly published books I'd ordered from them materialised.
That is not a sound way to conduct business.