Old August 6th 03, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Bus Conductors and Drivers (again).

Jeff Mowatt writes

I can tell you for one that I supported Ken Livingstone's campaign
financially purely in the hope that he would live up to the promise
of re-introducing conductors on all London routes Since this and a
lot of other improvements didn't happen and a lot of excuses have
come to regard our Mayor as a bit of a flake in more recent times.

Which other improvements haven't happened?

Well, apart from the comfort and safety issues I've already mentioned
there's what John has beaten me to bringing up, the "Bendy bus" and "Son of
Routemaster"

[Please don't quote upside-down]

Safety - more revenue inspection personnel and a greater Police presence
on buses.

Comfort - what you mentioned was passenger discourtesy, not much that
Ken can do about that.

Bendy buses - not sure what your point is here. Are you saying they are
a good thing, bad thing, they premised to introduce more of them, etc.
There are plenty of them in operation now on Red Arrow routes 507/521
plus other routes that have been 'split' (436, 453/N453). Route 18 is
due to get them in the Autumn and 149 by next Spring.

Son of Routemaster - well you'll have to tell me about that.

--
Dave