Old December 3rd 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David FitzGerald David FitzGerald is offline

Default Highway Code for Coach Drivers

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message ...

I think the traffic police should spend more time targetting the
drivers/cyclists/pedestrians who CAUSE accidents (eg those that pull out
from side roads) ...

I was working in Minneapolis a couple of summers ago. The main street
there, Nicollet Mall, is open only to buses. But cyclists would often
use it as it probably saved them 1 minute or so from the alternative
route. One day when we were sitting outside having lunch there were a
group of cops around the corner pulling over every single bike that
came out from the road and gave each and every one a ticket. I'm not
sure quite why, but a few of them had their bikes confiscated.

It was hilarious!

D.