Old December 4th 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephan Bird Stephan Bird is offline

Default Travelcard validity (was Travelcard Zone Adjustments)

In ,
John Ray wrote:
There's a poster at my local station which says that, from 2 Jan 05,
Norbury will be in zone 3 instead of zone 4, and Belmont and Cheam
will be transferred from zone 6 to zone 5. This will be good news to
people who commute from those stations to inner London, but not so
good for those who travel in the opposite direction.

Going off at a slight tangent here, but this is Usenet after all

What zone is Sutton in (if any)?

I did have a London Connections map a while ago, but as you say, zones can
change.

Would I be able to get down to there (Sutton or Belmont) from a Z1-6
travelcard issued at Euston (or equivalent) when I get down to London on
Friday (after 10am) - is BR travel allowed back out to these suburbs like I
know it is on the C2C line (from in this instance e.g. Limehouse to
Upminster)?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Stephan
--