Old December 4th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephan Bird Stephan Bird is offline

Default Travelcard validity (was Travelcard Zone Adjustments)

In ,
John Ray wrote:
Stephan Bird wrote:

Going off at a slight tangent here, but this is Usenet after all

What zone is Sutton in (if any)?

I did have a London Connections map a while ago, but as you say,
zones can change.

Would I be able to get down to there (Sutton or Belmont) from a Z1-6
travelcard issued at Euston (or equivalent) when I get down to
London on Friday (after 10am) - is BR travel allowed back out to
these suburbs like I know it is on the C2C line (from in this
instance e.g. Limehouse to Upminster)?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Sutton is in Zone 5. Belmont is currently in Zone 6. A Z1-6 travelcard
is valid on National Rail trains to/from Sutton and/or Belmont at the
time you plan to travel, i.e. after 10.00 a.m. on a Friday.

Thanks, my mental map had Sutton further out than Belmont, for some reason.
I now see the reverse is the case.

Need to decide whether it's worth the extra 3 UKP or so getting a travelcard
now - will probably allow me a bit extra flexibilty so I can get into London
earlier...

Stephan
--
Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC