Old December 4th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Travelcard extending?

elyob wrote:
"Solar Penguin" wrote in message

There is a 'zone 1' only travelcard - I have it on my Oyster card.

Yes, but judging from the context (see below) Elyob was referring to a
zone 1 One Day Travelcard to supplement his existing weekly travelcard.

Yes, looking to extend my 2-6 travelcard by getting a one day zone 1
travelcard. I don't want an Oyster card.

I did find this by searching a bit more on ticket extensions (wasn't aware
of these).

" Ticket Extensions covering Zone 1 cost £1.40 but are only available from
the machines in Zones 1 & 2. "

So, I have to jump off at Vauxhall rather than carry on to Waterloo?

" A Ticket Extension is valid for up to two hours and is available for one
single journey only in the extra zone or zones."

I don't get that bit? Maybe I'm getting wrong information? I want a whole
day zone extension.

Thanks for help so far. And no more bickering!

Your primary option is a Zone 1-2 Day Travelcard (there's no Z1-only day
travelcard), at £4.30 off-peak. You should be able to buy this at any
station, even if it's outside those zones (showing your Z2-6 will help
convince them you're not being funny).

If you're only visiting a single destination in Z1, then a Z1 extension
for each leg (£2 each way) will be slightly cheaper. The extension cost
you quoted sounds quite out of date.

If you don't mind catching the bus from Vauxhall, you don't need to buy
anything extra; your Z2-6 Travelcard is valid on any bus, and there are
at least ten routes serving Vauxhall bus station (including one to
Waterloo).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7