Old December 5th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Reasons for delays

In article ,
(Chris Fribbins) wrote:

Often we used to get delays at places like Sittingbourne, and helpful
advice that London Transport were accepting tickets (40 miles away)

Had that at Finsbury Park on Thursday last week. Wires damaged at Welwyn
GC. I was the only passenger in about 200 on the 10:15 Cambridge-King's
Cross train with a non-folding bike.

They got us to Finsbury Park by walking to Welwyn GC station, bus to
Potter's Bar and a GN Inner to Moorgate promising a connection there to
King's Cross that was nowhere to be seen. "Use the tube, tickets valid"
they said. No use with a bike of course. By the time this became clear the
doors on the incoming train were closing and I missed the chance only to
cycle from Drayton Park. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel