Old December 5th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default Travelcard Zone Adjustments

Mrs Redboots wrote in message ...
John Ray wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Dec 2004:

There's a poster at my local station which says that, from 2 Jan 05,
Norbury will be in zone 3 instead of zone 4, and Belmont and Cheam will
be transferred from zone 6 to zone 5. This will be good news to people
who commute from those stations to inner London, but not so good for
those who travel in the opposite direction.

Does anyone know what determines changes like this?

Probably the amount of money they reckon they can screw out of the p b
commuter.... why else is Streatham in Zone 3, with a huge bump, when
places like Peckham & Lewisham are in zone 2....

I'm looking at a map, and I can't see anything illogical about those
zonings. Peckham is about half the distance from central London that
Streatham is. Lewisham's a bit more dubious, but to be fair it is on
the 2/3 border. But Streatham looks to be about the right distance out
to be in zone 3. Do you think it should be different?

Jonn