Old December 5th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Pellatt Mike Pellatt is offline

Default Reasons for delays

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 02:14:46 -0000, Dave Plumb
wrote:
On the tube, why are there only a finite number of reasons for delays with
very little explanation (and often different reasons at different

stations)?

I used to trap these for national rail to text myself when there were
problems, and shortened them. This is what I had logged, maybe the tube ones
are similar or the same.

British Rail used not to be able to manage the same reason at the same
station twice in 10 minutes.

I well remember this back in, I think, 1979, when Victoria was being
re-laid. Now, they managed to get all the suckers^Wcusotmers^Wpassengers
into town in the morning, then merrily set-to ripping up track, etc.,
ensuring that there was often a monumental f**k-up by the evening so
no-one could get home.

On one occasion, the problem was a traction current failure outside
the station. 10 minutes later, this had mysteriously become a signal
failure outside the station....

--
Mike Pellatt
Just use R(eply) (from a standards-compliant newsreader)