Old December 5th 04, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Greg Hennessy Greg Hennessy is offline

Default Reasons for delays

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:34:10 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

In direct contravention to RFC 1855

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

Almost ten years old now - formulated at a time when things were a lot
different in a lot of respects.

The age is irrelevant. Do you suggest that the RFCs for tcp and smtp are
somehow different/out of date due to their age ?

Not everyone has access to clever newsreaders which can auto clip
signatures, or read news through a gui.

Broadband is still a luxury for a lot of folks.

Tough. Maybe you'd like me to replace it with a solid block of text
that would be exactly the same number of characters, but a lot less
clear?

What you replace it with is irrelevant. The facts are is that you are
exceeding what is deemed 'polite' by 2.5 times.

We've all been there.

Your .sig delimiter is also non compliant.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?StandardSigDelimiter

Internet signatures in mail and news should begin with the character
sequence
DASH DASH SPACE EOL

Point accepted and corrected, although it seemed to "work" as it was,
anyway.

Depends on the news reader, some are a mite more forgiving than others.

greg

--
Yeah - straight from the top of my dome
As I rock, rock, rock, rock, rock the microphone