Old August 6th 03, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.legal,uk.transport.london
Cal Nihoni Cal Nihoni is offline

Default Parking ticket - advice, please?

Steve Naïve wrote:
(AOL's down again...) wrote in
om:

And another thing - the sticky strip that I guess is supposed to be
used by the Parking Attendant to stick the thing to my windscreen
wasn't removed - it's semi transparent and I can read through it
"Officer please remove this tape".

I don't s'pose for a minute this makes any difference whatsoever but
I'd look a right plonker if it turned out to be some devastating
legal loophole!

To be valid the ticket must be either handed to the driver or fixed
to the vehicle. However, I suppose you must argue whether to place
it under the wiper was sufficient to 'fix' it to the vehicle.

Around Hammersmith Broadway there are signs on the lampposts stating:

"Parking Restrictions Enforced By Camera. Motorists committing parking
offences will receive a ticket by post"

I have always assumed these to be an empty and unenforceable threat.

Not entirely relevant but I thought I'd mention it.