Old December 6th 04, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Reasons for delays

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:02:47 +0000, Dr John Stockton
wrote:

JRS: In article , dated Sun, 5 Dec
2004 14:38:53, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Nick Cooper
posted :

a) My signature is less than 310 characters - less than 5 complete
lines on a standard 70 character wrap, i.e.e lett than the six line
recommended limit.

The accepted Usenet limit is four lines; implicitly of not more than 79
or 80 characters each. Nowadays the actual number of characters, within
what the above implies, is not considered to be of so much importance;
the limit of four lines reduces superfluous scrolling, on various viewing
systems, to a reasonable minimum.

The significant material in your sig can readily be fitted in five lines,
and in four if the label of the long URL is made to agree better with the
page's filename.

So sue me.

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk