Old December 6th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] furles@mail.croydon.ac.uk is offline

Default White City Depot, the CLR power house, and the WLR-H&CR chord

TheOneKEA wrote:
I've ridden past the site of the new White City mall on the H&C twice
now and have three questions to ask about the area:

I don't know the answes to your questions I'm afraid, but I've cot a
couple of my own:

The recently-demolished white elevated buildings; were they part of the
original exibition, or were they built later? I once got off an Oxford
Tube bus there to have a look at what was obviously once an entrance,
next to Shepherd's Bush station, but there was no way to see inside.
From the condition of the buildings they looked as if they had been out

of use for some time, but there was a dish on the side, near the front.
When were they last used, and what for.

What was the film which had some scenes in the old power house
building? I remember seeing it, looking down from the projection box,
some years ago, but I can't remember what film it was. I remember
recognising the building from photgraphs which I'd seen of it, and
became rather too interested in watching it; I almost missed a
changeover.