Old December 6th 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Loading gauge

In article ,
Tom Anderson writes
I can't think of anywhere that C stock isn't allowed to go. There's a
limit of 4 cars when in service on the ELL, but that's all.

"[...] 6-car C-Stock. These certainly have clearance issues in the
Dagenham area (meaning no through routing Hammersmith Met - Upminster),
and may have on the Richmond/Ealing branches."

[...]
there used to be some sort of problem at Dagenham East, which meant the
trains had to go through the station slowly or something,

I think that was a purely temporary issue.

My understanding is that the new stock will be built to C/D loading
gauge, running in different lengths: 4 cars for the ELL, 6 cars for
Circle, H&C, and Wimbleware services, 7 cars for the District via Tower
Hill, and 8 cars for the Metropolitan.

Okay. I assume it's not possible (or at least easy) to add and remove cars
to a train;

I suspect that there'll be cab cars and non-cab cars (the trains are
supposed to be walk-through), and cutting a formation to add or remove
the latter will be relatively easy. There'd be no great need in normal
service, though.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: