Old December 7th 04, 02:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Travelcard Zone Adjustments

Nick H (UK) wrote:
John Ray wrote:
There's a poster at my local station which says that, from 2 Jan

05,
Norbury will be in zone 3 instead of zone 4, and Belmont and Cheam

will
be transferred from zone 6 to zone 5. This will be good news to

people
who commute from those stations to inner London,

*****
but not so good for
those who travel in the opposite direction.

*****

Why? Am I missing something really obvious here?

This *might* be a mayor-inspired thing. If you look at his ON Network
network map, Epsom looks like a dead neat interchange. I wouldn't be
too surprised if TfL and Surrey CC manage to come to some agreement to
extend the Z6 boundary to at least Epsom (which would make me very
happy).

James.