Old August 6th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bondee Bondee is offline

Default Grid lock M3 J1 - why?

"Steve" wrote in message
The strange phenomena of grid lock at junction 1 of the M3 has happened
again tonight.

It happens very rarely, but in the past 2 years since I've been using it,
it's happened 6 or 7 times, yet I can't work out why? One time I didn't

move
for about 20 minutes!

If it's just too many vehicles surely the traffic lights should be phased

stop them getting on to the roundabout.

The main problem I think is ignorant drivers coming on to the roundabout

and
blocking people trying to get off at the next exit (eg. M3 exit and A308

Staines).

Any thoughts?

Steve.

Is there racing at Kempton?

I decided to take the bus from Staines to Sunbury cross a few weeks back.
Chose the wrong day. Hampton Court Flower Show *AND* racing at Kempton.