Old December 8th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Chris is offline

Default "Commuter Strike"

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4075559.stm

A few comments on quotes from their website:

"Its remarkable, but the unions have agreed to keep the tube running
throughout the night on Dec 31st. Its the first time that this has happened.
They have also agreed to open talks to discuss 'All weekend Underground'
with tubes running from early Friday morning through to Sunday night"
I thought the tube opened through the night every NYE? I've never ehard
this talk of a tube service non-stop during the weekend either.

"People spend a minimum time equvilant of one day a week travelling to and
from work"
When I lived closer to uni I spent 8mins a day commuting which doesn't add
up to 24 hours a week. Now I only spend 90 minutes per day (although the
wimbledon branch of the district line does have its problems)

"Yes, they are at it yet again! London's tube drivers are to go on strike.
This time it's Christmas Eve! "

Are they?

Chris