Old December 8th 04, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default White City Depot, the CLR power house, and the WLR-H&CR chord

http://www.davros.org/rail/photos/woodlane/index.html

I stand to be corrected, but I believe the boards either side of the current
rail in http://www.davros.org/rail/photos/wo...e/wlane095.jpg are
to change the train radio channel from the depot to the running channel.

It may be that they're no longer used though; C stock on the Circle used to
change from Hammersmith Depot, to District and Met controllers but are now
fitted with manual change as trains sometimes spent half the journey talking
to the wrong controller, a mini-cab office, or no-one at all.

I think these are just wooden boards though
http://www.davros.org/rail/photos/wo...e/wlane042.jpg

Regards,
Dave