Old December 8th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Default "Commuter Strike"

- No extension of Congestion Charge Zone – and a process to end the
charging already in place

Which would increase traffic in this central area, Even In Paris & New
York, talking to taxi drivers, they are in favour of it

- An independent report into the proliferation and use of Speed Cameras,
and operations of Parking attendants

What have Safety Cameras ever done wrong, there may have been a few
inaccuracies, which can be easily corrected. Parking Attendants keep our
streets clear

- Support for the end of commission/bonus incentives for Traffic Wardens

Are we talking about Traffic Wardens or Parking Attendants Here?

- 30% reduction in parket permit charges by 2010

Fair enough.

- More Bus Lanes

Agree

- Public transport only streets

Agree

- A bus zone in central London where Bus Lanes are unbroken throughout
the zone

Agree

- Readily identified personal number for all drivers

Is this to make it easier to report dodgy drivers?

- 3-year price freeze on Tube fares

Agree

- Inflation-linked rise in Tube fares from 2008

Agree

- End to Zone one charging when just travelling through the zone.

Prehaps a reduction in the number of Zones would be better, with the
removal of those awkward zones up to Amersham
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk