Old December 9th 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Northern line radios

Boltar....we cant keep meeting like this.
Thats a very good question and one that I am sure is being asked in higher
places as we type. However its nothing to do with LUL. They dont own a train
radio system but they do pay someone else to supply one. Its supplied and
maintained by private enterprise and they promise it will be ok.
I thought thats what you wanted?
But because its you, i'll see what i can find.

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Part of the job of the train radio is to carry the train radio alarm

traffic
that notifies the Line Controller in the event that a train becomes

stalled
in a tunnel due to an incapacitated Train Operator (due to EG heart

attack)
I'm not familiar with the Northern stock, but on the Picc. if the

deadman is
released for 60 seconds an alarm starts to sound in the cab. Should

the

Seems like a pretty good system and I guess you can understand why
running
a service without it would be difficult. However .... given that its
virtually impossible
that every radio in all 90 odd trains on the northern died
simultaniously the problem
is obviously at the line controllers end and I can't help wondering why
there wasn't
some sort of limited backup system?

B2003