Old December 10th 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Wimbledon branch of District line - why us?

I doubt that, because it would violate the concept of "failsafe".

Even failsafe systems have a small but finite chance of not failing
safe (ask Airbus!).
However I'm not an electrical/electronics engineer so I could be
talking ******** but I'd
imagine if you've got some seriously old and knackered equipment along
with some
dodgy weather then shorts could occur , critical components in the
failsafe system
could fail etc.

Any engineers reading this who could clarify?

B2003