Old December 10th 04, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Wimbledon branch of District line - why us?

Boltar wrote:
I doubt that, because it would violate the concept of "failsafe".

Even failsafe systems have a small but finite chance of not failing
safe (ask Airbus!).
However I'm not an electrical/electronics engineer so I could be
talking ******** but I'd
imagine if you've got some seriously old and knackered equipment along
with some
dodgy weather then shorts could occur , critical components in the
failsafe system
could fail etc.

Any engineers reading this who could clarify?

I'm not an engineer, but it has been known for externalities to enter the
system and cause a foul up.