Old December 10th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Ray John Ray is offline

Default Loading gauge

Tubeprune wrote:

Seating will be the same on three versions. There will be a lot less seats
than now because LU insists on having 1000mm between seats for wheelchairs
to pass between them. So, you will have to stand every day because someone
might want to have a wheelchair on the train once in the next 35 years!

I actually saw a wheelchair user (more like a powered golf buggy really)
on a Jubilee Line train yesterday. There seemed to be enough room for
him in the area by the doors; I don't understand why there has to be a
metre between the seats.

--
John Ray