Old December 10th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Loading gauge

"Brimstone" wrote in message
John Ray wrote:

I actually saw a wheelchair user (more like a
powered golf buggy really) on a Jubilee Line
train yesterday. There seemed to be enough
room for him in the area by the doors; I don't
understand why there has to be a metre
between the seats.

In case s/he wanted to sit down?

LOL.

I suspect the reason is to do with emergency evacuation.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped