Old December 11th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Victoria Line on Friday

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:53:52 +0000, Dave Newt wrote:

wrote:
I bet that there was a lot of them. More cost effective to bus the
dozen or passengers I would have thought.

You're joking, yeah? I take it you haven't been there on a weekday
morning. There are very often no seats by Blackhorse Road.

Most of those on the seats are going to Zone 1. If the service ends at
severn sisters, they'd have to change onto national rail.

IIRC, All stations North of Serven Sisters has national rail lines into
Liverpool street (and nowhere else), so theres no benefit. Perhaps going
to Tottenham Hale and changing to get to Stansted.

Of course, the 50 or so an hour that use the Victoria Line between these
stations (and not furthur) could be sent by bus, but that would take
forever, and that's not why they buy season tickets.