Old August 6th 03, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Success of Central Line Closure answer to Track Maintenance

In article , Robin May
writes
Result: 2.5 hours work for 4.5 hours effort and probably a full
day's pay at night rate

So that would be a "Yes. They are ripped off by their contractors"

No.

No, it wouldn't be. It'd be a "4.5 hours at night isn't a very cost
effective way to carry out engineering works".

Exactly.

Not that our resident ranter will be interested in the facts.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: