Old December 12th 04, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:04:14 -0000, "Bored Of The Rings"
wrote:

When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from

terminal 1
on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

You will still be able to get to Heathrow T123 station by Tube at all
normal times when the loop is closed. For terminal 4 there will be a
shuttle bus from Hatton Cross station.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/first...piccadilly.pdf
gives the current first and last train times for Heathrow. For January I
would expect the times to be very similar for T123 station.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/pdf/Heathrow-T4-%20leaflet.pdf is the leaflet
explaining the arrangements. All the info is on the Tube website.

Looks like very bad planning to me - they withdraw the direct tube
service but fail to provide a convenient alternative! Surely it wouldn't
be that hard to extend the H25, so that passengers once again have a
convenient service from the rail interchange at Feltham?

Did you miss the bit about being able to use the Heathrow Express between
T1-3 and T4 for free?