Old December 12th 04, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

In news Steve Fitzgerald ] typed:

Single ended units come in A and D end variants (Even numbered ones
are A end and odd numbered ones are D). Double ended units have an A
and a D end cab.

It might be obvious but not to me. What is the advantage of having all the
units the same way round during the closure of the loop?

I could understand if the loop was going to permanently closed, so that
route maps could also be displayed 'in the direction of travel', but not
while it will reopen as a loop.

Bob