Old December 12th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default London Fares and Product Changes from 2nd January 2005 (LONG)

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:08:47 +0000, PRAR wrote:

Could it be because it's still cheaper than a 7-day travelcard, where
there
is the possibility for the purchaser to hand the ticket to someone else
so
that they can use the unexpired portion?

This would be contrary to the T&C.

But unenforceable, given that photocards are not required. I really
don't understand why these tickets aren't marketed as transferable.
Many European cities market such tickets as such (sometimes at a
premium price).

But often not at a premium. The only difference where I am
between a 'personal' card and a transferable one is that the
personal one can be replaced if you lose it and gives a right
to a refund of the penalty fare if you forget to travel with it.

tim