Old December 12th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alek Alek is offline

Default Next Stop information

My last visit a Londres allowed me to experience such amazing stuff courtesy
of a Strident and VERY efficient conductor of Colonial stock on the 13 route
who took note of each and every enquiry re destinations/connections then
Loudly and VERY personally delivered the information direct to the passenger
concerned.
However we live in progressive times so that fellow is probably now gazing
at listings of "Customer Service Operatives" or "Order Pickers" down at the
local Jobcentre....
I noticed at the time how genuinely pleased those passengers were to recieve
such treatment from another HUMAN and their smiles showed it.
Beat that Bill Gates....? .......well he probably will in Windows
XYZZZZZzzzzz Pro due in 2022 and a "must buy" in the portals of TfL`s IT
section...????
It`s odd really but TfL and London as an entity is giving up a really useful
Human tool in attracting and RETAINING both normal and visitor custom in
the interests of furthering the German Commercial Vehicle sectors market
share.....
Looks like Dr Goebbels was`nt far wrong after all...?????