Old December 12th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bonzo Bonzo is offline

Default Next Stop information

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:13:33 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Does anyone have any information or insight into when the mooted audio
"next stop" information might be introduced to buses? By this I mean
that the bus tracks its location using whatever system (GPS I'd guess)
and the name of the next stop is automatically announced (as well as
possibly being shown on the screens installed in some buses).

I don't understand why this simple but useful tool has not been
generally introduced into the UK, especially into London, which is in
may ways so innovative.

It seems universal in many parts of the European mainland, and it
doesn't require GPS. Just a feed from the ticket machine as the driver
changes the location/stage - although I agree that GPS is even better.