Old August 6th 03, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default GNER/HEAT

In article , CJG
writes
And also the rest of the world manages to run its public transport with
2inches of snow, storms, rain, sunshine bringing the whole
infrastructure to a halt.

Not true. Try Washington DC with three flakes of snow, or much of
California after ten minutes of rain.

So you tell me what the rest of the world has that Britain doesn't?
Maybe a modern approach with finance used to its full potential?

That may be true. Privatisation has cost the railways an awful lot - the
current SRA payments to TOCS are three or four times amounts that Sir
Bob Reid would have thought beyond his wildest dreams.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: