Old December 13th 04, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

Mrs Redboots wrote:

Aidan Stanger wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 12 Dec 2004:

Looks like very bad planning to me - they withdraw the direct tube
service but fail to provide a convenient alternative! Surely it wouldn't
be that hard to extend the H25, so that passengers once again have a
convenient service from the rail interchange at Feltham?

It isn't inconvenient now - I did it twice over the summer, and it was
fine. Bus goes to central bus station - forget the number, but it's
pretty self-explanatory when you're there.

Having done so myself last year to get to T3, I agree, but for T4 it's
not so good.

And the old bus service never did serve T4,

Yes it did, but not on the same route - there was the separate route T4.

so you're no worse off than you were before. For me, in South London,
it's my preferred way of going to Heathrow, although I doubt it's quicker
than the Tube!

For those parts of South London that aren't on the tube network but have
direct rail access to Waterloo (including Waterloo East) it is quicker
than the tube.

Actually, to get from T123 to T4, can't you use the Heathrow Express? I
seem to remember that was the preferred way of going from t'other to
which.....

Yes you can, but can a detour that big be described as "convenient"?