Old December 13th 04, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

wrote:

Looks like very bad planning to me - they withdraw the direct tube
service but fail to provide a convenient alternative! Surely it
wouldn't be that hard to extend the H25, so that passengers once
again have a convenient service from the rail interchange at
Feltham?

The H25:

* isn't very frequent (4ph weekdays, 2ph evenings and Sundays)
* uses small buses which don't have the extra luggage space of
airport buses
* isn't very reliable and doesn't often run to timetable
* would provide a worse service on the rest of the route if it was
delayed around Heathrow
* is run by Tellings Golden Millar, the worst bus company in London

I knew TGM were the worst bus company in SE London since taking over
Crystals, but I thought their SW London operations were much better run.
Have they slipped? Or was my impression wrong from the start?

What kind of buses do they normally use? Couldn't bigger buses be
substituted?

Is the traffic between T4 and Hatton Cross really that unpredictable?

4bph isn't bad for a Feltham service, but the route is quite short so
the frequency could quite easily be boosted.

I wouldn't imagine BAA would touch it with a barge pole.

The other logical alternative would be a Heathrow - Hatton Cross -
Feltham service that could be absorbed into route H25 when the
Piccaqdilly Line service is restored.